Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shout Out



I posted on some other people's crafty work previously and I thought I would do it again. Pictured below is a lovely dishtowel embroidered by none other than the talented and super smart--an adjective that both describes her wit and intelligence-- Michelle P. Baca. One one side of the dishtowel are the Friday tomatoes and the other hosts the cheery Saturday cherries. She sent this lovely piece of cloth (which, if you ask me, is too pretty to really use as a proper dish towel) along with a hardcopy of Junot Diaz's The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I have not yet read this novel, but not for lack of wanting. It sits on my shelf and I look at it with the anticipation of knowing you're going to read something wonderful (or I suppose "wondrous" might be a better adjective. I am excited because it not only comes as a recommendation from Michelle (who likes books like she likes her men: intelligent and witty--not necessarily in that order) but was also last year's Pulitzer Prize winner. For those of you interested, the book has recently been released in paperback. Unfortunately for you, it will decidedly not come with a lovely embroidered dishtowel with tomatoes and cherries as mine did.

No comments: