Sunday, June 1, 2008

First posting

I'm a new book binder (who knew anyone did this anymore?). I've taken a couple of classes at Seattle Center for Book Arts; the organization is filled with fun classes and lovely people. So far I've made about 20 case-bound books (mostly as Xmas presents for my family) and now I'm embarking on making a few scrapbooks.

I've recently realized that I should be keeping track of the kinds of books I've made and their details (materials, bindings, size). One would think that my lab notebook at work would be pristine, considering I'm going to endeavor to keep track of all of the details of my book projects, but alas, God help the person who has to go through those sad, sad lab notebooks.

So at least for now this will be a log of my books and plethora of other crafty projects. :)

1 comment:

gerry said...

We love the different textures and colors that you have chosen to create these unique books. Also we like knowing how the special books are constructed. Your books are works of the soul! love, mom and dad