Monday, June 23, 2008

It's not really all about me...

So while I have made one new book lately, I haven't taken pictures yet and I'm actually thinking of making a series of really fun books, so I'll probably wait until that is mostly done until I post again.

But in other news, my dad, who in the last few years has really developed his talent as a photographer, entered his photos in the Del Mar Fair in San Diego. Not only did 6 of 10 pictures get accepted (his first submissions into any kind of contest), 4 got honorable mentions and one of his pictures got 1st place in one of the categories (digital panoramic, I think it was). The blue ribbon entry is pictured below. Great job, Dad!



In other news, my mother, who's creativity often takes the written versus visual form, published a book--Multicultural Education: A Caring-Centered, Reflective Approach. Link is on your left. It's got great information not only for teachers and parents, but also for anyone who believes in fostering a thinking community of caring people.

No comments: